Friday, October 7, 2011

Halloween Boo Banner

This week seems to be all about burlap around here. Maybe it's because it seems to go hand in hand with Fall. I wanted to add some more details to our Halloween porch. I knew I wasn't done, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. This week I decided to add a small banner to our "new" chair.

I started by cutting pennants out of burlap.


Next I used my black acrylic paint with some alphabet stamps. I brushed the paint on the stamps and stamped each pennant.


When the paint was dry, I went over each letter with Elmer's Glue.


I covered the glue with black glitter and then shook off the excess.


When the Elmer's glue had dried, I turned over an O pennant and ran a bead of hot glue across the top.


I pressed a piece of twine across the hot glue.


Repeat the process with the next O pennant.


I double checked to make sure I was placing the B in the correct place and then glued it down too. Whew! It was all spelled correctly.


I took some of the fabric that I used to cover our chair, and cut strips to tie between each of the pennants. I left them rough and stringy, not cut perfectly.


I like the rustic look of the burlap and the rough cuts of fabric mixed with the fancy bling of the glitter.


Now the chair doesn't look so naked.


We are starting to look like we are ready for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You're right, burlap does feel very Fall. I've made several quick burlap banners this season for halloween and fall but mine were nearly as cute as yours. I love the glitter letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burlap! Great job - it looks great :)


    -Angela
    Enter my giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi