Friday, October 21, 2011

Luggage Rack Redo

The other day I made a quick stop into the Goodwill store. I was driving by and I had a few extra minutes, so why not run in? Look what I found...


And look at the price tag! $3.99...not to mention I got 10% off. I knew right away just how to make this piece great.


I was not a big fan of the horse straps. It's just not my style, but I knew just how to fix that.


I have no idea what this stuff is actually called, but I LOVE it. It is used for upholstering furniture or something like that. It is very burlap-esc. For less than $0.70 a yard...it is awesome! My brain is spinning with ways I can use this stuff. I bought a bunch, so I am sure you will see it again soon.


The first step to making this beautiful was to pull off the old straps. The old staples in this guy just didn't want to budge! Once I got the strap off, I got a glimpse of how dark this wood used to be. I'm still not sure if I will keep it natural or paint it. My first instinct was to paint it, but I kind of like it as it is.


With the first strap off, I stapled the new one on. I figured this would allow me to keep consistent tension while adding the new straps.


I removed the middle strap and again replaced it right away.


Look how cute my new luggage rack is!


I REALLY like it! Just look at the details...




Transformed just in time for a visit from Grandma!



I am joining the following parties:

HookingupwithHoH



Somewhat Simple


Transformation Thursday



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





HOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi