Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas End Table Part 1

I have had this table since the beginning of the summer and kept debating what to do with it. I just couldn't seem to settle on an idea. So it has sat...untouched...for months.


This past week I got a catalogue in the mail. A catalogue that held creative gold! I spotted a Christmas card with text I fell in love with. It was love at first sight!

Today I enlarged the text and photocopied it onto a transparency. I pulled out my overhead projector (best $10 I ever spent at a Yard Sale!) and got to work.


I mean really, can't you see why I fell in love with this? It is awesome!


I traced the text onto my table.


I began painting.


I wasn't loving the table like I thought I would. Until...


I started painting the more intricate letters, the love came rushing back.


With every letter I loved the table more and more!


It is looking amazing!


I love, love, love, love how this looks!


The only problem is the intricate lettering is taking FOREVER! So...you will have to wait until Monday to see what the final product will be.

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea of using a projector for the letters! Planning on doing the same but on a bench - different message!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi