Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas End Table Part 2

It is finished! Whew...I am going to admit this was a bit more challenging than I had anticipated. The letters are so small and I am just not usually doing work where I need to be so careful with my paintbrush!

My project began with a catalogue from Exposures. They are a company that features mainly products for your photographs. My kind of company! I am always intrigued by their Christmas cards, and that is where I found my inspiration. Their Retro Label Collage Card has the most beautiful circle logo on it...it was just what my end table needed!

So...here is my finished product...


You know when you finish a project, and you are just not sure what you think? And you want feedback to see what others think. This isn't one of those projects. I really could care less if the whole world hated it, because I LOVE it! I think the logo is classic and would be something you would enjoy pulling out Christmas after Christmas!

It would be a fairly easy project to recreate if you are patient. Apparently this is why the project was not as easy as I thought it would be...I needed to be more patient!

To recreate this look:

Find the piece you would like to paint. I happened to have a circle table. If you don't, Home Depot has round pieces of wood already cut just like this table top. If you don't want to make a table, it would look awesome hanging on the wall instead. They also come in all different sizes, so you could make it as large or as small as you would like. I am tempted to make another one really big to hang on the wall.

Next, take the logo from the website and enlarge it. If you don't have an overhead or an opaque projector, then have a copy shop enlarge it to your size. Use transfer paper to trace out your drawing. Or, if you don't have transfer paper...rub across the back of your paper with a pencil and it will now be your transfer paper!

I used VERY small brushes and two bottles of acrylic paint: Martha Stewart Acrylic Paints in Beetle Black and Tartan Red. I will say it again, these are EXCELLENT paints. Thier coverage is fantastic!

I painted directly onto the raw wood. When I was finished, I sealed it with two coats of Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax.

That's it! Not difficult, just time consuming with the intricate letters.


This project makes me smile. Merry Christmas!

I am linking up here:


Todays Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi