Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday...Christmas Memories Journal

You should see the crafting madness in my house right now! I literally have 20 projects going on at the same time. And, we have had really foggy weather today, which is not helping my need to get things painted before Saturday.

I have a quick project today to do with your kids. It is a Christmas Memories Journal. It is really easy to make and will hold treasured memories for years to come. Oh, and did I mention that this project is CHEAP?

Here is what we used:


Glue, paper, red stamp pad, Christmas stamp and Christmas journal from the Dollar Section at Michaels.


We stamped our design on blank paper. I just happened to have this stamp. If you don't, your project would be even easier...just make your own! Type your title on the computer and print it out...you could make it anyway you want. Put your family name on the front or the name of whoever will be writing in the journal.

Next, cut out the design. We left a small edge of white paper around the outside of the ink for an extra detail. Glue on your title piece. That's it! How easy is that?


Just think how sweet this would be to collect written thoughts from each of your family members year after year in one journal. Or...have a journal committed to each of your children. They can write in it and record memories in their own words and handwriting. Precious! It would be fun to compare their handwriting and thoughts from year to year. I can't wait to get the kids writing in their own journals!

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi